Workshops on Technology-Enhanced and Open Education

From March 28-31, 2012 faculty and staff from MIT visited Haiti to present workshops on STAR (Software Tools for Academics and Researchers), TEAL (Technology Enhanced Active Learning) and Open Education to over fifty educators from Haitian universities and schools.

Michel DeGraff, MIT, welcomes workshop participants
Photo: Brandon Muramatsu

About the Workshops
The main goal of these workshops was to start implementing faculty- and curriculum-development activities based on MIT’s Open Education Resources such as OpenCourseWare and Software Tools for Academics and Researchers. How can these resources be most constructively used to improve STEM courses in Haiti? How can similar resources be designed in situ by educators in Haiti and become fully functional?

Comments

1. mohammad ali kazemi says:

I study at” beheshti(iran)” university and i am pleasure to work together on a project.

I add that my major is power electrical engineering.

2. Lawrence Tjamei says:

Dear Sir,

My country is also struggling for to have the best education in science, engineering and technology. I came accross MIT open course ware and would like to follow the course. My interest is in Environmental engineering.

Would like to know if following the course is possible from Papua New Guinea.

Cheers and bye.

Lawrence Tjamei

3. Stanley Mondesir says:

Hi Mr. Michel,
    First and foremost I would like to congratulate you on this tremendous journey you’re part taken. I know the road is not easy, but this is the fundamental key aspect for a nation to educate, manage, develop and do business among themselves and others. That is your language, Native language of a country to me is what make the country respective and productive in many level. Keep up the good work.
    Ps. I was listening to you today on radio Kiskeya, that was very interesting.

Creative Commons License Unless otherwise stated the Pi Bon Zouti Pou Nou Rebati Website by MIT is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Website support provided by the MIT Office of Educational Innovation and Technology.

Creative Commons License Eksepte lè nou site yon ka kontrè, kontni ki sou sit Pi Bon Zouti Pou Nou Rebati a suiv règleman lisans Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Sit sa a ap fonksyone gras a sipò teknik Biwo pou Inovasyon epi Teknoloji nan Edikasyon (MIT).